Ads must be reserved by 3 p.m. three business days prior to the desired run date. Artwork must be received by 3 p.m. two business days prior to publication. Ads that do not run due to missing content after deadline are subject to full charge.
Ad sizes are expressed by a number of columns wide by a number of inches tall (i.e., a 3×5″ ad is 3 columns wide by 5 inches tall). Multiplying columns by inches gives the ad size in “column inches” (the example would be 15 column inches).
Ad sizes can be virtually any size as long as these rules are followed:
- Widths are in full columns (no fractions).
- Heights are in half-inch increments.
- Minimum ad size is 4 column inches.
SIZE & FORMATTING
Pages are 10″ wide (6 columns) and 21″ tall. Column widths are as follows:
• 1 column: 1.56 • 2 columns: 3.25″
• 3 columns: 4.94 • 4 columns: 6.63″
• 5 columns: 8.31 • 6 columns: 10″
The Optimist Advertising staff will create/design an ad for you at no additional cost to you. If you choose to have us create your ad, you will have the opportunity to proof your ad before its run.
For ads provided by advertisers:
- Preferred file type is PDF at 300 dpi. We can also accept files created in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. We will not accept Microsoft Word or Publisher files, so please convert those to PDF. Please include all fonts and graphics used for files other than PDFs.
- The Optimist reserves the right to substitute similar fonts if a font is not supplied.
- Email ad files to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Camera-ready ads must be received by 3 p.m. two business days prior to publication.
CREDIT & BILLING
The Optimist Advertising staff reserves the right to request payment in advance at any time.
Invoices are supplied at customer’s request. Otherwise statements are mailed monthly. Terms are net 30 days unless otherwise noted in the contract. A 2% per month service charge will be added to each account not paid within 30 days of the first billing date. A $30 charge will be assessed for any returned checks.
If there is an error within the content of the ad or with an incorrect file being published, the Optimist Advertising staff will offer a make-good to be used during the same school year. Refunds will not be given.
The Optimist reserves the right to revise advertising rates and/0r any other conditions within this rate sheet at any time with 30 days notice.
All advertising is subject to acceptance by the Optimist Advertising staff. We reserve the right to reject any ad at our sole discretion at any time prior to publication.
Advertisers and agencies forwarding insertion orders that contain incorrect rates or conditions will be charged in accordance with the rates and terms of the contract in effect at the time of the publication. Failure to make an order correspond in price or terms will be regarded as a clerical error and the advertising will be inserted without further notification.
Advertising canceled after deadline will be removed from the issue, but the advertiser remains responsible for payment of the full cost of the ad. Advertising that does not run due to missing content is also subject to full charge.
All terms, conditions and rates contained in this rate sheet are incorporated by reference and made part of the Optimist Advertising contract.