By Brian Roe, Sports Writer
Front Roe Seat
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, college students of all ages, this message is for you: please remove yourself from your current location and go to the volleyball match.
This is not a test. This is not a request. This is a mandate handed down straight from the newly re-elected president of the United States George W. Bush.
OK, not really.
But this is your last chance to see the best volleyball team in the Lone Star Conference South Division. The Wildcat volleyball team plays its final two home matches of the season tonight at 6 p.m. against Incarnate Word and tomorrow against St. Mary’s at noon.
The 2004 squad is the most successful in ACU history already knocking off traditional volleyball power West Texas A&M (twice), and clinching the LSC South Division championship for the first time and going undefeated at home.
Here are the top 10 reasons every one of you reading this should get out to Moody Coliseum to watch the Wildcat volleyball team:
10. The football game doesn’t begin until 1 p.m. on Saturday. That leaves plenty of time to stop by the volleyball game, watch the Wildcats beat up on St. Mary’s and catch the ACU football game.
9. Ladies: Sadies week began yesterday. The volleyball game is a great excuse to ask Mr. Right out on a date.
8. Gentlemen: there will be a lot of girls at the volleyball game. Maybe one of them will ask you out in honor of Sadies week.
7. Amanda Slate. She’s tall, she’s blonde and she hits the ball harder than anyone else on Earth. During Tuesday’s game against Angelo State she served the ball so hard that it bounced off the ground and hit an ASU girl in the face.
6. The NHL is locked out right now. I know most of you would be watching hockey on TV, but the NHL is in the midst of a lockout so come watch volleyball.
5. The team deserves a good home crowd. The volleyball team has won 24 games already this season, so they must be doing something right.
4. The matches are short. The volleyball matches generally last one hour to 90 minutes. That leaves plenty of time to go catch a movie or sit down at a restaurant after a Wildcat victory.
3. The Wildcats lead the LSC in kills. A kill in volleyball is when our player smashes the ball into their player’s face.
2. It’s free. In case you didn’t know, all ACU students get into the volleyball games free of charge by bringing their ID card.
1. ACU will win. The team is 12-0 at home this season.