Candidates were announced this week for the deans of the Honors College and the College of Arts and Sciences. Search committees selected three candidates for each position and will introduce the candidates within two months.
Dr. Jeanine Varner, former dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, accepted the position of provost in May 2009.
Finalists for the Honors College:
- Dr. Jim Bullock, Academic Vice President, Ohio Valley University
- Dr. Stacy Patty, Director of the Honors Program, Lubbock Christian University
- Dr. Greg Straughn, Interim Dean, College of Arts and Sciences, ACU
Finalists for the College of Arts and Sciences:
- Dr. Scott LaMascus, Professor of Language and Literature and Director of The McBride Center for Faith and Literature at Oklahoma Christian University
- Dr. Cheryl Bacon, chair of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Dr. Charles Mattis, Dean of the First-Year Program